Monday, November 15, 2010

Image Hoard 4: Tropic Tough

This is the final instalment in this run of Image Hoards.  I hope they've been as interesting and inspiring for you as they have been for me.  Let me know if you'd like to see more; I'm still collecting!  :)

The set below pulls together tropical energy in a hard package; a flashy array of colours, along with leather and studs; it's pretty like a flower, but still mean like the jungle.

Click the image to enlarge

1-3:  Christian Dior F/W 2010
If I were a fairy, these dresses would be in my tiny wardrobe.  They are beautifully fantastical and romantic, with a tough of humour on top.

4:  Dendrobeum Orchid

5:  Missibaba moulded and hand painted leather orchid necklace
Missibaba is a South African based luxury accessories design label.  As you may expect, they mostly deal in deliciously girlish and good-looking bags and belts, but they also make leather jewellery.  Website link here.

6, 7, 9, 11 & 12:  Burberry Prorsum F/W 2010
This runway collection has such a stunning mixture of textures, along with nicely contrasted acid and muted colours.  I liked it so much I have included 5 pictures here!

10:  Christopher Kane F/W 2010
Black, neon and kaleidoscope prints: so nice.

8:  Roller by Andrew Zuckerman
13:  Parrot by Andrew Zuckerman
Andrew Zuckerman is a photographer who crisply and cleanly documents many subjects, from age, places, music and creatures, to food-stuffs in motion.  Visit his website and say OK to not stealing his pictures.  (personally I think the disclaimer at the beginning comes across as a little paranoid, but perhaps that's just me...)

14:  Sketch by Ashley Wood
Mr Wood is a brilliantly original comic artist and a good painter to boot.  Browse his website or get news and pics of paintings in progress by following his Bambaland blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment