Thursday, December 15, 2011

30 Day Drawing Challenge

A drawing a day for 30 days.  That's the challenge.  

I found a list that laid down the gauntlet and suggests something to draw each day.  I'm not sure who created it, so I can't give credit, but I think I'm a bit late to start because there's a Movember reference.

an anonymous challenge

No matter.  I gave it some serious thought because it's quite a commitment (especially over Xmas time) but decided that even if I only take one minute to do the drawing it's worth while.  My other concern is that some of the things I have to draw are quite introspective and I'm not very good at that.  I don't even like playing 'favourite ___' and there are a few of those.

This aint gonna be easy...

Here are my drawings from yesterday and today.

-
Day 1
Self Portrait
-

Feeling shy and psychedelic, so I did a Seurat / CMYK thing in ink.  The yellow didn't scan so it looks a little less fluro here than in real life.


-
Day 2
Favourite Animal
-

I almost went for Okapi, but still after all these years I think I would go for a Horse when pressed for my favourite animal.


2 comments:

  1. i love this idea! im totally going to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tough. I already totally forgot about it yesterday! So I'm catching up today. Oops! :)

    ReplyDelete